|Tristan da Cunha
South Atlantic Ocean
The online newspaper of Tristan da Cunha
| Issue No. 652
||Friday 29 April 2016
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (12) - Archived (71) - All (83)
- 1: LISA PHILLIPS TO SUCCEED MARK CAPES IN APRIL 2016 AS GOVERNOR OF ST HELENA, ASCENSION AND TRISTAN DA CUNHA - S.Atlantic (Government) - 22.01.2016
- Lisa Phillips has been appointed Governor of St Helena, Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha, in succession to Mark Capes. Lisa (photo attached) will take up her appointment in St Helena in late April 2016 after visiting Tristan da Cunha for its bicentenary celebrations.
- 2: NEW DIRECTOR FOR OVERSEAS TERRITORIES - Tristan (Government) - 20.10.2012
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has announced that the new Director for the Overseas Territories is Peter Hayes, who took up office on 15 October 2012, replacing Colin Roberts, who is taking up another Diplomatic Service posting.
- 3: COUNCILLOR GREEN REPORTS ON COMMONWEALTH CONFERENCE - Tristan (Government) - 20.10.2012
- Councillor Tony Green returned to the Island last week, having attended the 58th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC) in Sri Lanka and the EU-OCT forum in Greenland
- 4: EU - OCT FORUM, 26- 27 SEPTEMBER, ILULISSAT, GREENLAND: UK STATEMENT - Tristan (Government) - 07.10.2012
- Deputy Director General, Premier Kleist, Minister, Premiers, Heads of Delegations and other distinguished guests, the Minister for the British Overseas Territories, Mark Simmonds, can’t be here today as, like the Commissioner, he has travelled to New York for the General Assembly. He has asked me to read the following message:
- 5: South Atlantic Representatives Attend OTCC - S.Atlantic (Government) - 29.10.2008
- Representatives from the South Atlantic Islands of St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha and the Falkland Islands are attending thee UK Overseas Territories Consultative Council meeting in London this week.
- 6: GUIDANCE NOTE ON APPLICATION TO VISIT TRISTAN DA CUNHA - Tristan (Government) - 06.05.2008
- An application must be submitted to the Administrator stating the full purpose of your visit, duration of stay, nationality and age.
- 7: Tristan Government Has a Representative in the UK - Tristan (Government) - 07.04.2008
- The Administrator announces to the community that the Island Council has agreed the appointment of Chris Bates as Tristan Government representative in the UK. Chris will be well known to many members of the community, from his visit to Tristan in 2006.
- 8: Scottish Parliament Commemorates Tristan's 500th - Tristan (Government) - 10.02.2006
- Following is a message from the Scottish Parliament about Tristan's 500th anniversary.
- 9: Full Marks for the 2005 Overseas Territories Consultative Council 2005 - S.Atlantic (Government) - 21.10.2005
- This year South Atlantic representatives from Tristan da Cunha and Ascension Island joined in the conference.
Photo (c) Crown Copyright The Overseas Territories Consultative Council
- 10: The Necessity Behind Protecting Our Children - S.Atlantic (Government) - 26.12.2004
- A workshop to launch a strategy for child protection in the South Atlantic Overseas Territories was hosted by the Ascension Island Government on 19 December 2004.
- 11: New Chief Islander for Tristan da Cunha - Tristan (Government) - 13.11.2003
- Mrs. Joseph Green is Tristan da Cunha's new Chief Islander.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA - TdC) - James Glass, who stepped down as Chief Islander last week.
- 12: Constitutional Reform - Tristan (Government) - 24.10.2003
- Cllr. the Hon. Mrs Cathy Hopkins has answered the Parliamentary Under-Secretary for the Overseas Territories regarding Constitutional Reform. Some of these affect Tristan.